X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

3 posters

Price of Glory

Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Price of Glory Empty Price of Glory

Post by Cobbie Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:47 am

Who: Scott Summers
    Where: Xavier's Grounds
    When: Late Night

It was official, Scott was finally probably going insane. He was pacing out here, in the mosquito infested area outside of the lake, muttering to himself.
    Atleast though, it was the most life he'd shown, outside of time spent with his brothers, since their fight in the city with Shaw.

"On one hand, everything went down wrong...." he said to himself, taking his ninth, or was it twelfth lap around the lake.... "On the other, old times were good times..." He kicked another rock into the calm, Mirror like surface. The man was going to be up all night.

Summary: Fearless leader, Right
    Tags: Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Price of Glory Empty Re: Price of Glory

Post by Clark Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Who: Kurt Wagner
    Where: Lake on the Xavier's grounds
    When: Late night

Kurt had been reading a stirring rendition of 'MacBeth' told through the eyes of Banquo. It was a play he could easily make with his students, while being a lesson in the philosophy of what the character was intended to represent. His eyes cast up from the book, looking down at the fellow X-Man walking along the lake's immediate area. His tail swatting at another insect as he listened to Scott.

The pair were not that close, it was Jean and Ororo who had found him. And the only interactions between them had been the rescue at Alkali Lake when Jean had perished, supposedly... then again on the rooftop of Shaw Industries, it was still hard for Kurt to take too deep of a breath, but his ribs were on the mend.

"Nothing vurthvhile is every easy," he offered after a moment, revealing his presence. "And then vhen the vad happens, it is good to think of ze good," he offered, closing his book with a snap.

'BAMF!' he vanished from the tree to reappear in a cloud of wispy smoke near Scott, before holding his ribs, momentarily. "Oof... see, this is vun of ze vad.. vith plenty of good memories... ve had a good fight, vith newfound family... well, maybe not newfound for some... but family, definitely," he mused.

Summary: Kurt's at the lake and says hi
    Tags: Scott, Open
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Where: Xavier's Grounds

"Ah!" Scott was not expecting company, and Kurt startled him even before he bamfed down from the tree. "Hey, take it easy. You took a beating like the rest of us." He took a step forward to offer Kurt a shoulder.

"I've just got something on my mind is all." he huffed, shrugging both shoulders even if Kurt accepted the help. "I didn't mean to disturb you." At least he was a nice guy, if increasingly skittish as some days went by.

Summary: Sheepish even
    Tags: Kurt, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:21 am

Who: Kurt
    Where: Lake
    When: Late night

Kurt was thankful for the help, though he shrugged.

"I vas no vorse for vear, it vas only a Russian's face I hit..." that had been how Piotr and Kurt had been knocked out in the sewers... Kurt was swung at Piotr, who, fearing he'd hurt him, turned from metal... to flesh. Not their finest moment.

"Vas of you, mein freund, you are not disturbing me, in fact, you look in need of company, ja?" he asked him. "Speak to me, tell me vas is on your mind," he offered, "Brothers? Shaw? A certain red head?" he asked.

Summary: Kurt's fii-ow-iiiine
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:32 am

Where: Xavier's Grounds, the Lake

"Yeah I saw, sometimes I think the metal might be easier to hit, at least you'd slide right off." Scott dodged the question for the moment, moving towards an outcropping of rock that always made good seats. He'd done this routine often enough at night that he didn't even really need to see his way there.

"Theres always something on my mind lately, despite what everyone else thinks. I'll figure it out." he opened up just a bit before moving to set Kurt down. "I'd rather not talk about that last one to one of her closer friends. Thanks."

Summary: I may not be a genius, but I'm not an idiot
    Tags: Kurt, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 pm

When: Late Evening

"I'm everyone's close friend, mein freund," he pointed out, "We all felt your loss when Jean perished, holding back the flood..." he told him, "Vas happened after could never have been foreseen," he said with a sad smile.

"Though it vas the news avout vas happened at Alcatraz that made me realize this is where I vas needed," he told him, "So, I'm here if you ever need me," he finished with a warmer smile. "You can tell Kurt anything and he'll keep it to himself, trust me," he offered.

Summary: Kurt's helpful and discreet
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Scott quirked an eyebrow at Kurt. "Right." he told him, shaking his head "Look, no offense, but You and Ororo and Jean are close. You're not exactly safe to be a confidant of mine about that sticky sort of subject. The relationship Ship has sailed, thank you."

Summary: Long sailed
    tags: Kurt, Storm, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 pm

The sound that came from Kurt of all people was surprising. He normally wasn't one to scoff.

"I am not talking about any sort of relationship, mein freund," he told him. "Nein, if I were, it'd be more about the friendship you once shared... but it is not mein place to talk to either of you avout that... vas I am more intrigued is how you two are doing in the capacity of joint headmaster slash mistress," he mused. "Communications are naturally back online, zen, ja?" he asked after a few moments, throwing his little curve ball.

Summary: Kurt may be pious, but he's crafty
    Tags: Scott, Storm, Open
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Scott sighed. "Communications...are buggy at best." he told Kurt with a shrug. "Which is why I'm out here, and not comfortably in my bed reading something or talking to one of my brothers about one sport or another." Not that Gabe knew sports yet, but Scott was bound and determined to take him to a baseball game this spring.

"The Professor expects me to pretend as if nothing ever happened, and pick up business as usual. I'm not quite so comfortable with that."

Summary: The Professor bred Trust issues
    Tags: Kurt, Storm, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 am

When: Late evening

Another scoff issued from the blue guy.

"After all that happened, picking up vere you left off is not a possibility, even the strongest of individuals would ve hard pressed to do that," he mused. "Nein, vut you two should talk, you have known each other forever, or, I'm sure you thought you had, ja?" he paused, "This school though has veen your home, not just for you, but for newer generations, Scott, it isn't for you, or even Jean that I'd ask find reconciliation in communication... it's for those students," he told him. "Ze Professor saw fit to leave you two both in charge... and while it may not have been ze best idea, considering, it's where we are now, and zey need the two of you," he told him. "To at least have a vurking relationship, tricky, vut doable," he offered, giving him a smile, big and often infectious.

Summary: Kurt isn't there to set them up, just to get them working right!
    Tags: Scott, Storm, Open
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

Post by Jade Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Who: Storm
    Where: The Lake
    When: Late

Ororo flew silently over the lake, someone had told her Scott was out here and she hoped to speak with him. A shadow would pass over the two men below before she landed a few feet away. "Indeed. I do not believe the Professor thought it would be possible for you two to pick up your personal relationship as it was. However, I do know he had faith in your ability to rebuild a professional relationship and see to it that the school received the best care and direction in his absence." She could not imagine the anguish and confusion Scott was feeling at this time, and it made her heart ache for him.

Summary: Storm is tender-hearted
    Tags: Scott, Kurt
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Scott frowned but hid his sigh as Ororo showed up too. Jean's two closest friends and her ex... out in the dark, by a very quiet and deep lake. You didn't have to be a fan of horror movies to imgaine the worst for this situation, and Scott did happen to be one.

"Actually, the Professor did. He said he expected me to 'get past the situation, and return to our former lives." before he'd just up and left that was.... Scott's faith in the man was a little shaken at the moment.

Summary: Not the Ideals, but the Man himself
    Tags: Kurt, Ororo, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Kurt merely shrugged for a moment, gently straightening with a shuddering sigh.

"I do not dispute it, Scott," he said, suddenly vanishing in a flash of smoke, reappearing in the tree he had been reading before, the moon cast a nice light for him to read by... especially since he could see better in the dark. "Vut as he is not here, the fact remains... He left the pair of you in charge, whether or not ulterior motives were involved, I cannot say, but least you could do is try talking to each other," he offered, "As Ororo said, a professional relationship, neither of us expect anything else, I assure you, mein freund," he added, opening his book again as he reclined up there.

Summary: Just talk to the girl!
    Tags: Storm, Scott, Open
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

Post by Jade Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:25 pm

"You know I do not speak ill of the Professor, but that was... unwise of him. He, of all people, should understand your reluctance. It is possible he was letting his own feelings interfere with his advice to you." Ororo wished she had the words of comfort that Scott needed. She could sense his inner turmoil as though it was one of the roiling storm clouds she called to her aid in times of need.

She looked him over, seeing past the frustrated expression. "When was the last time you ate? I do not mean to sound motherly, but you do not seem as full of life as usual." While it was true that she was one of Jean's closest friends, she also counted herself as a close friend of Scott's. When he had died.... It had been difficult for her. She was overjoyed that he, Jean, and the Professor were back, but it was clear to her that the scars of their experiences would not fade for a long time.

Summary: Storm's Scott's friend too
    Tags: Scott, Kurt
    Cobbie
    Cobbie
    Class 2

Post by Cobbie Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:25 pm

"This Morning, I think. Its been a little busy." The guy who, quite literally dreamed of food, had been too busy and wound up to make it to either lunch or everyone else's late dinner.

"Honestly I'm just going day to day with things around here. The Professor left us with no lesson plans, very little in the way of contingency plans, and not a lot of guess as to what to do with the place until he comes back. Or Where he went. Why hide that one from us?"

Summary: He's got a good point
    Tags: Kurt, Storm, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:30 pm

When: Evening

Kurt nodded, turning the page with one finger from his three pronged hand.

"Zat is just it, mein freund, while ve may believe he has a reason, it is not so clear to us, and doubt is all too common... vut rather than focus on the doubt you now have for the Professor, focus instead on the faith you have in yourself..." he told him. "I do not think these children mean nothing to you, Scott, I have faith you'll do what you must, and do so vell" Kurt paused, slowly looking up at him.

"The lack of a lesson plan... that however is far more easier of an answer, vhy not ve vurk on vun?" he asked him. "Yourself and Jean, myself and Ororo, the four of us, together, surely could think of something, ja?" he asked. Pausing momentarily, "Ve vould also ve more than happy to buffer," he stated.

Summary: Kurt does not disagree, and offers more words of very German wisdom
    Tags: Ororo, Scott, Open
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

Post by Jade Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 am

Ororo was also troubled by the Professor's abrupt departure. The fact that he had spoken to no one beyond Scott and Jean bothered her as well. Though she would never admit it, she felt a bit... discarded. As though the work she had done to keep the school open during the Professor's absence had been judged lacking. In her more morose moments of solitude she ruminated on the fact that she must have simply been the only option. She knew it was pointless to feel the way she did, but that was the way with feelings, they rarely followed logic.

All that passed through her head and instead she simply said, "We'll get through it. I think Hank has some lessons plans in the system from last year and I have been reaching out to some of my contacts in Africa and... other places. If we are in need of a contingency plan, I fully intend for us to have one."

Summary: Ororo's been doing some thinking and planning of her own.
    Tags: Kurt, Scott

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:47 pm