X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

2 posters

my songs know what you did in the dark

Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

my songs know what you did in the dark  Empty my songs know what you did in the dark

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Who| Chloe Niana Hale
    Where| Central Park, NYC
    When | Mid-afternoon, early evening

It was the first time in weeks Chloe felt like she wouldn't freeze to death. Scratch that... make it months. Chloe hated the cold. She hated the snow. She hated everything about the winter. Of course, she understood that New York didn't get it as badly as many of the other New England states, but she also had never had to deal with snow back home in California. She had been sick on and off throughout the entire season and was finally beginning to feel like herself. Pollen allergies were never something that she had to worry about... but the common cold? Forget it. She was a train wreck waiting to happen every time without fail and she was sick of it. She wanted her sunny beaches. She wanted to be able to go kayaking and surging and see her friends. She didn't understand how being here could help anything. Her powers weren't lethal. Why did it matter whether or not she could control them?

Chloe didn't think it did.

Yet, her parents had ignored her age and moved her anyways. Only good thing was that the east coast did admittedly have some of the best schools in the country. Especially for what she wanted to do.When she couldn't sit at home in their tiny little rooftop greenhouse, tending to her little charges there, she spent the time in her schools large downtown facility located near central park. However, when that too busy for her to feasibly hide her gift from prying eyes she instead opted to take a walk through Central Park. Her shoes probably weren't the best to do that in, but she didn't particularly care at the moment. She just didn't want to be home.

Sniffling a bit, she dug around in her pocket for a tissue before blowing her nose on it and then putting it back into her pocket after folding it on itself until she could throw it out. Her shoulders shook with a shiver before she found a bench and moved to sit on it located under a tree that had begun to sprout new growth. She smiled, feeling the energy racing through the tree and buzzing like honey bees. She closed her eyes, soaking in their warmth before reaching out. She stroked at it. Coaxing the sleepy buzz into a quicker race until suddenly the branches sprouted entire new leaves. Opening her eyes, she smiled, carefully setting her bag down in the bush, the plant parting and then moving back around it as if to protect and hide it, before reaching up towards the branch. 

The tree seemed to reach down towards her, allowing Chloe up into its branches. Even with the dress, she managed before setting closer to the base. She relaxed against the strong center, taking another deep breath before moving her hand over a small branch, coaxing it to grow some leaves. Her smile lit up her eyes before she tucked her hair behind her ear before settling to stay there for quiet some time. Probably shortly before it got dark, not wanting to worry her parents too much. She maybe angry at them, but she wasn't stupid.

Eventually though, she felt like she was being watched. She didn't have the best sense of street sense, but she knew enough. She sat up straighter, looking around before moving her hand to have the branches hide her position more, but still allow her to see out.Too bad her clothing choice probably made her stick out like a sore thumb. Swallowing, she touched near where she was sitting, a long wooden spear appearing which she grabbed, silently thanking her new friend.

Summary: Just a generic intro ^^ Girl climbs a tree and here's noises. 
    Other NotesOutfit
    Tagged: Open
    DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

my songs know what you did in the dark  Empty Re: my songs know what you did in the dark

Post by DeltaFisk Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:07 am

Who: The watcher, some guy who's been on TV alot...
    Where: Central Park, NYC
    When: Late afternoon, early evening

Work had been tedious as always, so naturally, he was all to happy to answer a call to find a fellow mutant somewhere in the area. So, still in his suit and tie, he had ventured into Central Park, knowing full well the thugs that often attended the park at that time of the day. And with a face like his, handsome, young, rich... short blonde hair and bright blue eyes, he might not have looked like much more than overconfidence and an easy mark. Yet he could handle himself, as one group of thugs soon found out, forcing him to leave them sprawled out on the cold, hard ground.

With his hands stuffed back into his pockets, he continued his stroll, just in time to see the tree lift a girl.. his head tilted a bit, watching the grace and beauty of the act momentarily, before she seemed to notice him, like she could sense his presence.

"There's no need for that," he said of the spear, "I'm not one to hurt those undeserving of it, and you've done nothing, as far as I've seen..." he commented, breaking the silence and letting her know of his presence.

"I'm Warren," he added in greeting, hands up to show he was unarmed and meant her no harm. Things could get dicey if he wasn't careful, he'd almost been stabbed by Logan, more than once, after all.

Summary: Warren appears in business attire...
    Tags: Chloe, open
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

my songs know what you did in the dark  Empty Re: my songs know what you did in the dark

Post by Tess Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am

Who| Chloe Niana Hale
    Where| Central Park, NYC

As far as he's seen? Chloe scowled at that, not finding the remark terribly amusing. People sometimes did bad things for good reasons; although she didn't exactly share that sentiment with what her parents had done. No,  it would take her a long time to be able to see the good that would come of taking her away from everything that she knew. Everything that she had ever known. She didn't really wanted. Her school of choice had been there and everything. "Are you so quick to judge people? We're in the middle of Central Park, alone. I've seen enough SVU to know that is just asking for trouble." She retorted, not finding this entirely amusing. She was wearing a dress, and now stuck in a tree since she doubted using her powers in front of a stranger would do her any favors. 

Keeping a firm hold of the spear, she warmed it to become a bracelet hidden up her jacket sleeve, a point resting against her palm that she could easily use need be. Slowly, the branches relaxed a bit around her to return to their original positions as the base spread a bit more outward to give Chloe a better perch. "Warren who?" She asked, having moved into a standing position. Suddenly her shoe choice seemed even less appropriate but she wasn't going to break the heels just to make them better. If she had to, she could easily take them off and form sandals from any of the wood around her that would at least last long enough for her to take the nearest path to the busiest area she could find. If she concentrated hard enough on the plants and listening to them. Which was surprisingly questionable when she was annoyed.

However, the plants around her sensed it, many of the flowers sharpening thorns that could easily be used to spike Warren if he got closer. Slowly though, Chloe moved to get down, glad she had worn leggings as she moved to have the tree shielding her so that she could cheat and make steps until the last one where she purposefully hopped down with a audible 'thud' in order to make it appear as if she had climbed like anyone else would. Dress and all. Carefully smoothing it over in the back and front, she then went over to the brush to grab her bag, which was pushed out towards her awaiting hands. 

Summary: Heads up now, this will most likely be the shortest 
    you'll see from me. Don't feel rushed to reply quickly. I'm 
    not in any rush and if you're limited to a phone or tablet,
    I rather not make you feel obliged to meet my response 
    speed. 
    Other NotesOutfit
    Tagged: Warren

Last edited by Tess on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

Post by DeltaFisk Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:24 am

Who: Warren
    Where: Central Park
    When: Evening

Warren's brows furrowed at her response. Warren who? Did she seriously just ask that. Of all the time he had wished people didn't know who he was the moment they saw his face, this was not the time.

"I'm not so quick to judge, and hope you are not either," he commented, "But it's Warren Worthington, the third..." he added, he started momentarily when she hopped down. Her shoe choice could not have made that move easy, but when he saw she was fine, he relaxed again. "Perhaps you've heard the name, vice president of Worthington Industries... A huge supporter for mutants after that whole cure debacle," he pointed out. Head lifted again, he was proud, but trying to help his father undo a legacy of fear.

"And here to help, it's going to be getting colder soon... are you hungry?" he asked after a few more moments.

Summary: Just wait til you see what he has hidden in that suit...
    Tags: Chloe, Open
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:56 am

Who| Chloe Niana Hale
    Where| Central Park, NYC

The redhead generally hadn't grown up around television so was being completely serious. So yes, she had just said that, and no she wasn't going to apologize for it. The blonde could probably use his ego being deflated a size or two. Chloe knew she was no saint and that her own ego was fairly large, but at the end of the day she could generally recognize that and would apologize for it.... Maybe. Maybe not. Point was, she was being genuine and she was treating him as she would any other stranger in a similar situation that was male and could probably jump her and knock her out. She had watched a fair few reruns of crime dramas on demand or basically rerun marathons to know. And that was generally where she saw her TV. Other than that she just watched documentaries, and even those were few and far between. Her parents had rather spend their money on lab equipment instead. And to Chloe, that had just always been the way things were.

Besides, judging by her designer clothing, she wasn't really deprived of things she wanted. She was just kept in her own little bubble that prevented her from really learning about anything that was outside of what directly effected either herself, her hometown and those in it, or her parents field. Now if there was a huge thing that happened in Botany then the three of them were some of the first people to know about it. And yes, the world wasn't that big of a place but in the grand scheme of things it was still kind of a big deal. Chloe could totally use the information to try and pick up guys? Yeah, not so much. At least not the guys which she was into anyways. Chloe tended to be a bit shallow and put looks paired with money fairly high up on her desired list.

Despite that, she didn't really even want to give this guy the time of day because of his entire vibe. It was a shame because he was fairly easy on the eyes. "Everyone judges someone within the first sixty seconds of meeting them. Especially by their looks. And although you're in a well tailored suite and have a briefcase I wouldn't assume lawyer." Mostly because he didn't have a silver tongue, but maybe he was one of those honest types? Nah, she was still pretty sure that he wasn't a lawyer. At least not one that worked for the city in one form or another. Maybe a private corporation's lawyer? Ah, so she was right. Definitely not a lawyer.

"No, I haven't heard about you. I don't really keep up with the news or watch TV. Nor am I from around here either." Chloe commented with a slight shrug of her shoulders as she moved her bag higher up to sit on her shoulders rather than in the crook of her elbow where she originally had been holding it. Maybe she should switch out her tote for a backpack... might make lugging her laptop around a far bit easier than what she was currently doing. Still, that would require a shopping trip... yup, it was going to happen. Too bad she didn't have someone to go with her. "Cure debacle? What? You one of them?"

Like she wasn't. She played it off just fine, holding her head up high and maintaining eye contact. She always had looked at it more like 'gifted'. Made her feel less like what she had could be a curse and empowered her. She couldn't harm anyone anyways with it, right? So why should she look at it any different. There really was no reason to. Right? Right.

Chloe weighed that. If she allowed him to take her out, she wouldn't be home for even longer which meant avoiding her parents still. She liked that idea. On the other end, she didn't really feel comfortable going out with a stranger to any place that wasn't public. "Where do you have in mind?" She said finally, giving herself an out if she still needed one. The saying was that you got to a man's heart through his stomach, but in truth she felt that it worked for both genders. Chloe definitely appreciated a good meal, having no qualms about eating either meat or vegetables. The scientist in her looked at it objectively, seeing it as a way of life and maintaining the balance in the universe. Plus, she had teeth that were meant to eat meat and she couldn't change that. Well, she could have them pulled out but that would be rather silly, now wouldn't it?

Summary: Sorry for the delay. Hopefully it was worth the date.
    Other NotesOutfit
    DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

Post by DeltaFisk Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Who: Warren
    Where: Central Park
    When: mid noon, early evening

Warren studied her for several moments, then chuckled a bit. He could forgive her then, reaching to loosen his tie and unbutton his coat.  It was a chilly evening, but he didn't mind.

"One of them?  You mean, someone like you?  A mutant?  Yes," he told her, slipping the coat off, and letting it fall to the ground, underneath he wore what looked like a harness, some kind of binding apparatus.  He unfastened it, then stretched... white feathered wings extended from his back, stretching wide.  "I'm the X-Man they call Angel, and we're all mutants, we help each other, because no one else will," he told her.

"We could go right over there," he pointed out of the park, though across the street was a bistro, and they knew he frequented it.  He didn't hide the fact he was a mutant, after all, he had smashed through the window of his father's lab, and flew over the crowd of protestors and supporters for the cure.  He had flown with no mask during the fight at Alcatraz, saving his father from getting thrown from the roof of one of the more taller buildings.  "Or, we could go a bit farther, if you don't mind air travel," he told her with a wry grin.  "Flying is the primo way to go," he said, "Then we can discuss more on, well.. everything," he promised

Extending his hand toward her, he waited to see her choice.  Not everyone enjoyed flight, which he would never understand, it was exhilarating, it was true freedom...  But if she just wanted to eat, the bistro would be fine, then they could discuss her life and see if she'd be interested in the Academy...

Summary: Warren might be a better recruiter than he thinks (and it's fine, just making sure my posts get the point across without turning into a novel ;-) )
    Tags: Chloe, Open
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Who| Chloe Niana Hale
    Where| Central Park, NYC

Carefully plucked eyebrows quirked themselves, one arching quizzically as she watched him loosen his tie and buttons. Okay, than was admittedly a bit random right now and she wasn't entirely sure what that was supposed to mean. Was he getting more relaxed? Because she didn't really think she was giving off the warm fuzzies right now. If she was, then he definitely had a few wires in that pretty head crossed wrong or just cut in random places. Wrinkling her nose at  "I'm really nothing like you. Besides, can you really prove it without.... a DNA test, right? Both of my parents are perfectly human." Her arms crossed in front of her chest, her back swinging and hitting against her somewhat, which she managed to ignore fairly well without allowing it to phase her. She wasn't going to just let him make assumptions; no matter how right he may or may not be. Besides, he definitely wasn't someone she would tell what she could do regardless. 

Honestly, she knew that there had been a mess over here recently and she wanted no part of it. None what's so ever. And his display didn't help her budge on that matter, definitely glad that she didn't have any physical display of what she could do like his. "I assume that you can't make them go away." She commented, admittedly wanting to see if they were soft like the seagull feathers she used to collect as a child growing up near the white sand beaches of California with friends. "And I'm also assuming that you didn't have a terribly supportive family either. Newsflash buddy, just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean a random stranger on the street did too. I am perfectly happy and don't need nor want your help." Her chin raised up slightly as she straightened a bit, knowing that she was painfully shorter than he was and almost attempting to fluff up invisible feathers of her own. 

Just because she was unhappy with her parents and their choice to move from the complete otherside of the country without warning didn't mean she was going to throw them under the bus. Besides, she had perfectly fine control over her powers and he couldn't prove she had done a single thing. No one was going to notice the grass being a little greener, and flower buds forming when they probably shouldn't be. "Besides, what proof do you really have that I'm a mutant? For all you know I've had a lot of practice with climbing trees." She pointed out, somewhat grateful that her dress' skirt was also loose enough to make doing so plausible. And a lot of women did amazing things in heels.

Looking at his hand, Chloe wasn't entirely sure that this was the best idea in the world, not did she trust herself not to drop her laptop either. And that would be very bad indeed, all considering. Still, she always kept a small bag of seeds in there that she could manipulate, and use them to keep the bag shut and attached to her arm, but it'd be a lot harder to hide with close proximity. Slowly though, she reached out, pausing. "If you go to drop me, you'll have bean sprouts crawling through your mouth and out your nostrils." She warned him, meaning it too. Admittedly, she wasn't too afraid of actually dying as she could throw one down and have it catch or use a tree nearby to do the same, but she didn't want to have to actually put that into practice.

Summary: My weird writing funk still lingers about, but I'm
    hoping that it doesn't appear too noticeable in this post.
    However, if you do need clarifications then please don't
    hesitate to pm me. .
    Other NotesOutfit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:40 pm