X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

2 posters

Erin Delaney//Looks (OC)

DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

Erin Delaney//Looks (OC) Empty Erin Delaney//Looks (OC)

Post by DeltaFisk Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:50 pm

The Player
    Player Name:Deltafisk
    How did you find us: Through the broken fourth wall
    Other characters: Deadpool, Angel, Quicksilver, Hellion

Character Information

Erin Delaney//Looks (OC) 71097_65369586744_7559698_n

Adair Tishler

Statistics
    Character Name:Erin Delaney
    Code Name: Looks
    Height: 4’10”
    Weight: 85 lbs

Personal File

Dress Style: She normally dresses in jeans and tee shirts, with the denim jacket her father had gotten her. Though she does also enjoy dressing up on occasion, especially for fun.

Personality: Seemingly shy, with a strong dislike of physical contact, once you get to know her, she shows her more bubbly side. Possesses a strong sense of right and wrong.

Dislikes: “Meanie heads”, especially bullies; hurting innocent bystanders; being touched.

History:
    Erin’s birth was one of tragedy from the very start. Her mother, Erin Caruso, died during labor. Her father, Elijah, was heartbroken, and intended to give the little girl up, fearing he wouldn’t even be able to look at her without thinking of his wife. And, he found that to be true, when he looked upon her for the first time. He saw his wife in her eyes, and that smile she gave only him. In a world where the worst humanity has to offer runs supreme and free, it is sometimes nice to see the minority. He loved his little girl and could not let her go. He vowed to ensure she’d have a life filled with love.

Now, Elijah was a personal trainer at a local gym, and would often take her with him when he would train fledgling boxers and mixed martial artists. She grew in an environment that showed her good sportsmanship, rather than the common angst in mediatized events. She rapidly grew to love the sport in and of itself. So, came the day when she asked her father to teach her… he couldn’t tell her no.

As it turned out, she had an aptitude for several different styles, learning to use her sleight size to her advantage at first… he hits began to grow increasingly more powerful through practice. Her father sought out other teachers, so that rather than just give her the belts, she’d truly have to earn them… and she did.

However, at the same time, she had to attend a public school. Her father making sure she had completed her homework every day before he’d train with her. She had a bright personality in school, very social, but she kept close friends Jacob, and Li, with her always. One day, as they were walking from the cafeteria, down the older kids corridor, she brushed a locker with her bare hand, and everything went grey.

She witnessed a boy approach the locker, opening it, and putting a bag inside… Her friends had just vanished into thin air she noticed… until the boy nearly dropped something, her eyes moving back to it… seeing the gun as he hastily shoved it back inside and slammed the locker shut. She gasped, blinking as the grey vanished, and her friends, as wobbly as they looked to her disoriented eyes, reappeared, looking at her, concerned. She had them rush to get the principal, and in short order, they opened the locker and checked the contents. There was no gun.

Her first thought, as she was being lectured by the principal, was that she was going crazy… but her instinct, which, in the ring, she had learned to trust, told her to look closer. Her eyes moved back to the locker, and pointed out a piece of brass she noticed.. closer inspection revealed the bullet.. her story checked out. That meant the boy had the gun…

At that moment, the boy had returned, seeing his locker open, the two girls and boy, principal, and policemen standing there, made him realize he was caught… so instead of allowing it… he opened fire. The policemen went down first, the principal catching a round in the knee. Erin moved fast, moving to shove her friends out of harm’s way, and shield them with her own body… but what happened next left her staring in horror as they sailed away from her, to crash into the far wall, and crumple in broken heaps on the ground. The next bullet, struck her in the head… She paused, her head hurt, didn't they say when you’re dying you don’t feel pain… but the next realization was that she could stand again… She scrambled to hide behind the door of the locker as he took aim again… the door coming off in her hands… The two stared at it for a long moment… until the boy screamed and fired again… it caught her in the chest… she let out a shriek of surprise and terror, flinging the door at him… it struck him, square in the chest, sending him flying backwards, to hit the wall. The locker door sticking in the wall, leaving the boy hanging, nearly cut in two, and very dead.

She was found, sobbing, by the vice principal, who had called the police after hearing gunshots. Being taken to the office while her father was called… the MRD showed up. They tried to find out what happened, she told them, again and again, but it couldn’t have been the human boy who shot the men, it had to have been the mutant monster before them. Mutant… first time the word mattered to her. They blamed her for the injuries her friends had received as well, they were alive, but had to be taken to the hospital. That’s what they got for trusting her.

Her father arrived in the midst of that barrage of insults and accusations, demanding to speak with his daughter… alone. After a heated argument, they relented, stationing MRD guards outside the door. Elijah took a post-it from the desk, writing an address on it, then handed it, and a large wad of money to her.

“Go to the address written on there, yes, it’s in New York, far away from here…” he began. He told her that he had always wanted her to be safe, loved, and that she was. Loved at least, he was sorry for what had happened, that being a mutant is not a curse, not even a blessing, it just was. They were humans too… Don’t ever forget that, never forget that. He then inspected her, noting the bullet hole in her jacket… but no blood. He smiled sadly. And spoke the last words she had heard from him…

“I’ll meet you there if things go as planned, but if they don’t… just know, I’ll always love you, and wherever I wind up, I’ll be looking out for you, kid,” he promised, the two embracing for a moment… and then she was flying… He shoved her?! No… wait… out the window… Glass rained down around her as she fell, hitting the ground. She rolled with it, coming up as she heard shouts of the MRD agents behind and above her… Her father wanted her to run… With a final, sad, last look at her school… she turned, and she did… she ran.

Mutant File

Mutant Powers:

Precognition: Erin can learn the history of an object or person with a touch. She isn’t sure how it’s activated, but touching an object allows her to see a thirty minute glimpse of the object and surrounding area it was in at that time, though she can’t choose the time, just yet. If it happens when she’s touching a person, she experiences thirty minutes of that person’s life, through their eyes.

Superhuman strength: Looks can be deceiving indeed. Capable of lifting ten tons, she packs a serious punch, despite her tiny size.

Superhuman durability: Capable of withstanding concussive force, deflecting bullets, and even shrugging off tank blasts, she hasn’t found anything that can breach her skin, just yet.

Superhuman metabolism: Her internal organs are likewise made of steel, in a manner of speaking. Concussive forces not even jarring them, while diseases and toxins are often rejected well before she’s even given a symptom. This includes the toxins that cause fatigue, that occur naturally, giving her a seemingly endless supply of energy.

Skills: Black belt in Brazilian jujitsu, tae kwon do, karate, and muay thai, also rather skilled in dirty boxing (combining punches with elbows, knees, and kicks)

Weaknesses:

Still no grasp on her powers… she can’t figure out how to turn the precognition on, let alone off, so it’s prone to kick in at any given moment when she touches something, skin to skin… and her strength, she’s yet to calibrate, often tearing off doors when trying to just open it normally… and if she knocks…

She’s still susceptible to being thrown by heavy attacks, despite what she can lift and carry, she doesn’t weigh a whole lot, and is still subject to the laws of the other physics, especially gravity, she can’t fly. In short, she's as resistant to force as a girl of her size and weight... being not very.

Her father, she doesn’t know his fate, MRD either killed him or arrested him, or he will be waiting for her… either way, he’s one of her biggest weaknesses, and all she can think about.

Family:Elijah Delaney (father, status unknown), Erin Caruso (Mother, deceased)

Anything else of note:With practice, it is quite possible that Erin will be able to control how long, and at which moment in time, her precognition ability takes her. The trick is getting her to be willing to try it, and figure out how to turn it on herself… But then, with proper training, she is a surprisingly fast learner... which explains her skill in so many schools of combat.

Last edited by DeltaFisk on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Signal
    Signal
    Class 5

Erin Delaney//Looks (OC) Empty Re: Erin Delaney//Looks (OC)

Post by Signal Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Just a couple of concerns, don't be mad at me!

While I love the idea of a superhuman child, I think she may be a bit too powerful. With the superstrength, super durability, and Precognition, you are looking at someone with the powers of Colossus,Wolverine,Destiny, and Juggernaut.

If you can ebb back her strength, and maybe expand her precognition more, you'll have a more balanced character. As for personality and History? I love her. That story was phenominal and plants a lot of seeds against humans while her love of her father makes a strong point against war.

I'm totally up to working with you because this character looks fun.

The best way I can really look at it is that you don't want someone indestructable. Wolverine can be knocked through walls easily, Juggernaut can be tricked because he's stupid, that sort of thing. Her taking a bullet and not flinching? Eh I'd expect it to snap her neck or at least knock her out. For fairness sake.
    DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

Post by DeltaFisk Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Hrm, thinking... That was part of her weaknesses though, it did snap her head back, and she's still tiny, susceptible to being tossed by blasts and thrown around, she's not indestructible though, she just hasn't found what could break her skin, was thinking adamantium might, or other sharp, strong material? Also, she could be thrown through walls just the same as Wolverine, and could even be picked up and thrown by even weak opponents due to her size, which can disorient, or daze her. For the precognitive ability, how'd you like me to expand on that, I still had her as learning, and probably won't even use it that often, seeing as how she can't force it to work, and she has to make physical, skin to skin contact. So, if you could help me out with those, rewording them maybe? Lemme know? And I ain't mad... unless you mean it as insane... then yeah, maybe a lot of a little?
    Signal
    Signal
    Class 5

Post by Signal Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 pm

"The next bullet, struck her in the head… She paused, realizing that she didn’t feel any pain, though they always said when you’re dying you don’t… but the next realization was that she was still standing…"

I read that as She was hit, closed her eyes, then realized she was still standing. And there was no pain. I figured that was pretty well indestructable. She should still be able to feel pain I'd hope, but if you won't budge on that, then I'll allow it.

As for expand on the precognition I meant like lessen her physical strength and strengthen her precognition if that would make it better. But if she's not as indestructable as I thought, then she'd be fine.

Let her feel pain and have the same physical resistance to force as an 85lb 10 year old and I'll be totally ready to accept.
    DeltaFisk
    DeltaFisk
    Class 3

Post by DeltaFisk Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah, alright, I can do that ;-)
    Signal
    Signal
    Class 5

Post by Signal Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 pm

-slams gavel- It is done! Accepted!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:25 am