X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

5 posters

No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay)

LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay) Empty No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay)

Post by LadyAngel Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Who: Jean
    Where: The Library
    When: MidEvening

The files splayed out over her claimed territory of tables and blackboard were interesting to Jean. And some slightly depressing. She'd send memos to some of the others, those she knew she could recruit to help her. A few names were written on the blackboard, one underlined.

Paige Guthrie

She'd called Paige's old school, done some digging, seen some of her artwork, and would soon be talking to her family. One question was burning in her mind. Why would soemone That smart and Talented, scorn education so badly?

Summary: We'll fix Her wagon
    Tags: Storm, Kurt, Sean, Icarus, Open?
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay) Empty Re: No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay)

Post by Jade Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:15 am

Who: Ororo
    When: Mid-evening

"Hello Jean." Ororo entered with a smile on her face, "you're looking well this evening." She held out a cup of still steaming tea, an identical cup in her other hand, "I assumed you might like a cup; it's a winter spice blend." Taking a seat near her former, and hopeful renewed, friend, Ororo looked over the blackboard. "Ah, yes. Ms. Guthrie. Has anyone asked the child directly why she doesn't want to attend? I do not want to push her but she could truly come into her own here."

Summary: Ororo makes a friendly overture and starts the conversation
    Tags: Jean, Others when they show up
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay) Empty Re: No Child left behind (the good version) (Jean, Ororo, Sean, Kurt, Hank, Jay)

Post by Clark Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 am

Who: Kurt Wagner, Jay Guthrie
    When: Mid-Evening

BAMF!

The smell of sulfur and brimstone followed the cloud that appeared nearby.

"'allo mein freunds," the blue man said as he appeared, "Vas is this avout?" he asked, looking toward the board as Jay walked in, pausing for a moment as he noticed the plethora of teachers starting to gather.

Oh.. uh... hey Miss Grey, Miss Munroe, Mister Wagner, what's this--" his eyes fell on the blackboard momentarily. "-about..?" he paused. "If Paige sees her name up there she'll cause property damage and leave the school..." he warned.

"I trust this is avout her leaving..?" Kurt asked.

"She doesn't do school... she doesn't... do hero work..." Jay added.

"She did aide in za rescue of Gave Summers," Kurt pointed out. Jay nodded for a moment.

"So what's the plan on getting her to stay...?" he asked, he'd been trying to recruit Mister Cassidy to help with recruiting her, it was good news that all the teachers were taking that seriously... or rather... most of the teachers...

Summary: Kurt and Jay arrive... and throw in some insight.
    Tags: Teachers
    HotShot
    HotShot
    Class 2

Post by HotShot Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 am

Who: Sean Cassidy
    Where: With the amount of books given, this is probly a library
    When: around 6 eastern

"As I'm seein it, everyone ganging up on somebody at once, aint gonna help the lass either, aye?" Sean called out as he walked fully in the door, having heard what was going on as he came up.

He'd bump Jay in the shoulder, smirking at the winged boy. "Ye might wanna disavow ever bein in here Boyo, else your sister pluck ye like a chicken."

It was was a bit of a startle that the irishman realized they were short and important member of the faculty in this crusade, the Professor. "So, wheres Baldy?"

Summary: Sean understands violent women
    Tags: Fellow Teachers, Jay
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:15 am

Jean accepted Ororo's tea gratefully. She'd been hard at work the last few hours.

"I understand that she might have a... less than stellar view of schooling for herself Jay, but it's a waste for her to just walk away from all of the oppurtunities that an education could give her."

Sean and Kurt's words were met with nods and smiles. She was certainly thankful for the support from the group.

Summary: Jean's getting back in the swing of things, one crusade at a time
    Tags: Teachers, Jay
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

Who: Jay and Kurt
    Where: Library
    When: Mid evening

Jay smirked just a bit toward Sean, then shrugged.

"Ever where?" he asked him, though he nodded, he agreed with Sean on that... "Yeah, ganging up on her would chase her away, and I agree, I've been trying, the entire Guthrie household, least the ones that matter been trying, but it ain't happening, you gotta make her WANT to stay," he told them. Kurt listened, thinking to himself.

"Ja, vut how vould we go avout zhat, mein schüler?" he asked. Jay shrugged.

"If I really knew, I'd've done it by now," he pointed out. "Miss Grey figured out how to keep her for the short run, but that won't get her to take classes," he pointed out.

"Ze painting is nice," Kurt mused, "Vhy did she quit school to vegin vith? She vas brilliant in mein class when she made an appearance, she overheard a debate and butted in vunce," Kurt explained.

"She's too smart for her own good, too smart, maybe she's bored? Not being challenged, or learning anything new?" Jay offered.

Summary: Kurt offers some information, Jay has a potential prognosis
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

Post by Jade Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Ororo shook her head, "Sean is right, perhaps we are pushing her too much. Has anyone developed a special rapport with the girl? I would suggest that only one of us approaches her with the invitation to stay. However, should she want to leave I, for one, will support that decision. We are not a prison or a Brotherhood to say she must stay if she desires to leave." She thought for another moment, "also, we can make our classes available to her as she likes. No attendance mandatory, no counting on her to be there, just an open invitation to any class she wants to sit in on. Perhaps that will create a desire to take an actual class or two."

Summary: Ororo's recommendation
    Tags: Anyone
    HotShot
    HotShot
    Class 2

Post by HotShot Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 am

Who: Sean Cassidy
    Where: With the amount of books given, this is probly a library
    When: around 6 eastern

"Maybe ye oughta Ororo. The lass'll be expecting somethin from Jean here if she asks, and lets keep us menfolk out of it til we know her reasons for being against it for sure. In the mean time, the rest o us can plot and get things back in shape here."

He took a sip of the coffee he'd brought with him. "What're we doing about this other new kid? Delaney?"

Summary: He's got his own concerns
    Tags: All
    Summary
    Pence
    Pence
    Class 2

Post by Pence Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Who: Hank McCoy
    When: 6

He was quickly out reading their library again. Hank sighed sadly as he moved to the library to return the book he'd borrowed just last night, having finished it at supper.

"Oh, My apologies. I did not mean to intrude." He was slightly startled to see a group of the other teachers surrounding a blackboard against the wall. "I'll be out of your hair in just a moment. Just returning this book."

While Hank saw the name, and read the so called problem as Jean had written it in dainty pink chalk on the board, as he wasn't invited he would refrain from adding his own two cents into the conversation, and make haste ot retreat.

Summary: He's overly polite
    Tags: Open
    Jade
    Jade
    Class 2

Post by Jade Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:34 am

"Hank, please join us." She extended a hand to him before he could leave, "As you can tell, we were just discussing the best way to help Ms. Guthrie discover whether she would like to resume classes here." She turned back to Sean, "I am willing to approach her, but not immediately. I would like to get to know the child before I pry into her reasons and feelings."

"Delaney, she's the small child with exceptional strength? I apologize, I have no insight into her case." She gave a small half-smile, wishing she knew how to help every child that crossed her path.

Summary: Thoughts from Storm
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Jean smiled shyly at Hank. She hadn't had too much of an interaction with their resident medical expert. "I think that these are only going to be our first two cases to tackle here..." She brought up that point quietly. "And if its a matter of getting to know these two young ladies better, then we'll all have to establish that report with them in our own ways... and meet back here, this ime next week?"

Summary: Well, here goes
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:15 am

Who: Kurt and Jay
    When: Midevening

Jay thought for a moment, as Kurt smiled greeting Hank, they had so much in common... mostly being blue and acrobatic, Jay noted... and possibly fuzzy... though Kurt's fur was a bit more slick... silky even.

"Mister Summers made me a team Captain recently, I have the Maximoff twins so far, but a girl like this Delaney, who I've yet to meet... if she needs a place to go... to figure herself out... let us help out, it'll give the twins some direction, and if we're going to become cohesive, that might help all parties..." Jay suggested.

"Inspired idea, vut she is young, ja?" Kurt asked.

"I'm not suggesting she join the team in any combat type situations... just... that we adopt her," Jay offered. "She could just need a friend," Jay offered. Kurt smiled briefly, then shrugged... it was partially his say in that, he was to be their teacher in training in the Danger Room after all... but he'd like to hear what the others have to say.

Summary: Jay offers to take Delaney under his wings, Kurt makes observations and listens

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:29 am