X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

5 posters

Graphics Inquiry!

Poll

Which one?

[ 0 ]
    Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_lcap0%Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_lcap20%Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_lcap20%Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_lcap60%Graphics Inquiry! I_vote_rcap [60%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Graphics Inquiry! Empty Graphics Inquiry!

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

Alright, so I haven't posted and I don't think anyone really knows me but hello ^^ I'm Tess, that is my RL name and no its not short for anything. I can also be seen as LyraLovesT, Loved be the Leo or Leo Love on other resource forums. Kaolin, Clark and I met on a board a couple of years ago which I co-admin with a friend that sadly closed down. We've kept in touch on and off over the years since and I finally agreed to give Legacy a shot.

But none of that is really relevant for this poll.

Basically, main  one reason they wanted me aboard is I am a graphics artist. I'm not professional or anything, but I've been teaching my self originally using Photoshop Elements 7 and now have CS6. You can see some of my stuff here. Please pardon how old most of it is! I was asked/offered to make avatars for everyone, and then I found out the size... now, I've mostly recently begun working with 250x400, so 300x300 is a little odd. My current one is 250x300.

But here's my dilemma.

I think having both text and full phased on avatars is a bit much so pitched my signature idea. However, apparently on mobile this is a problem. Kaolin said she'd ask Clark to look into that but asked that I'd ask everyone here there thoughts on the matter. So.... vote? <3
    Pence
    Pence
    Class 2

Graphics Inquiry! Empty Re: Graphics Inquiry!

Post by Pence Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 am

Hey Tess.

A few questions, but I assume first that introductions are in order.

I'm Pence, one of The Geeks, and resident angry/responsible and always fun loving drunk.

H'okay. Now. What exactly do you mean by eyes and name only? Because I keep picturing like a set of floating eyes with a name underneath.

(Also just a bit of a side note, your stuff looks Awesome)
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Like, sorta of what you have now but /just/ the portion including the eyes. Like this section (warning it's large).

Also, hi Pence! I think Kaolin mentioned you specifically before. Feel free to inbox me anytime! And thank you. I feel like I'm really rusty lol.
    Tazu
    Tazu
    Class 1

Post by Tazu Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:35 pm

That sounds cool, but you dont really get to see who a character is then. Cause I get really bad at picturing who my people are talking to.
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Okay, so for you need that visual? I just know that I originally made my avatar 250x300, which could fit a lot more into it without getting too... well, cluttered, but the text over-lined. Now, I'm not a coder so don't know why that happened, but yeah. Means my size is a lot more limited than initially planned and I assume you all want uniform things, right? 

@Tazu- That's also why I put up the idea of signatures. a) You'd have more space and therefore could see the people better and b) it'd be a lot easier for people to show who they're playing/update because you're adding a separate graphic per character rather than having to change a graphic and then reupload.
    Tazu
    Tazu
    Class 1

Post by Tazu Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:06 pm

but then when you have signatures it really breaks up posts a way lot.
    HotShot
    HotShot
    Class 2

Post by HotShot Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Just bringing up a sort of one shot Idea that I've implemented in the past.

Avies with just eyes and names are perfect for uniformity.
    They're also visually interesting if done right.

Make siggies, or beautiful banners for things like Plot pages, and then link your first post in a thread to said FYI page?

Its a system Kaolin may remember from another long ago game, and its also a way to showcase some beautiful artwork in the right kind of format, while still reminding a certain player (COUGHPENCECOUGH) who he plays?
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Tazu wrote:but then when you have signatures it really breaks up posts a way lot.

Right, Kaolin told that with the mobile thing and I said that's why they'd be small. If you had a max of 5 characters, it'd be 500x550 at most. The issue was mobile which maybe looked into. As a graphics artist, I pitched that idea because in a long run it's a lot easier on me, and in my opinion, on you guys too. Hence the pole.
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:25 pm

HotShot wrote:Just bringing up a sort of one shot Idea that I've implemented in the past.

Avies with just eyes and names are perfect for uniformity.
    They're also visually interesting if done right.

Make siggies, or beautiful banners for things like Plot pages, and then link your first post in a thread to said FYI page?

Its a system Kaolin may remember from another long ago game, and its also a way to showcase some beautiful artwork in the right kind of format, while still reminding a certain player (COUGHPENCECOUGH) who he plays?

I'd make mock ups for you guys. Of course, those with only one character like me could have fuller pictures.

lol I come from IF and JCink boards with an account per character system, but the current trend is doHTML templates that generally have pictures in them of the character.
    Tazu
    Tazu
    Class 1

Post by Tazu Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:26 pm

What about HotShot's idea?  If that could be worked out?

That'd mean pretty kinda post modern avies like you're talking, which seem really cool!

And then it'd give us a little more space to kinda store infor for our characters too.

Does that sound ok? Or dumb?

or would it be too much work for you?
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Tazu wrote:What about HotShot's idea?  If that could be worked out?

That'd mean pretty kinda post modern avies like you're talking, which seem really cool!

And then it'd give us a little more space to kinda store infor for our characters too.

Does that sound ok? Or dumb?

or would it be too much work for you?

I'm sorry... are you asking for both the eye avatar idea and then images for posts? It'd depend how big you want them, but I think the eye idea is easy enough. I think they'd just be something simple like eyes with plain black boarders? Or did you guys want something more complex?
    Tazu
    Tazu
    Class 1

Post by Tazu Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I dunno. Maybe we oughta talk to Kaolin.
    Cause I know we don't want to give you a whole buncha work to do. But your stuff is really really pretty, and I'd like to see more of it.

I think it's just the eyes with borders and names for avies. and Maybe if its not too much hassle like pretty pictures for characters for the fyi pages.
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Pence and I both like the idea of the eye avatars, and then if it isn't a hassle banners for the fyi pages.

-Same with Hotshot and Cobbie they say
    Tess
    Tess
    Class 1

Post by Tess Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

I can do that. Can you all agree on sizes for me?

I generally make signatures 500x225, which you can use for FYI banners, or I can make smaller ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:09 am