X-Men: Legacy Reborn

Gotta Log in my friend.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gotta Log in my friend.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplaying game set after the 3rd X-Men movie, using the Movieverse and reborn canon characters.

Cbox

Affiliates

Warlands RPG

Avenger's Academy

3 posters

A New Face (Presto, open)

Presto
    Class 1

A New Face (Presto, open) Empty A New Face (Presto, open)

Post by Presto Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Who: Presto
    Where: Mansion common area
    When: Noon

Presto finally fell back against his bed. It hadn't taken too long to finish unpacking, his books, his clothes, his laptop, and a few artifacts he had acquired from various antique stores on his meager allowance, nothing to fancy, but a few small trinkets he was able to identify as genuine antiques as opposed to cheap knock offs. All and all he felt pretty satisfied he had managed to get through it all so quickly. Moving to the institute was certainly a change of pace to say the least. Only a short time ago he was only getting used to the idea of being a mutant, and suddenly he was in a school for them. He glanced at the bag that lay by him, the strap over his opposing shoulder. He sat up and opened it again, looking at the dim glow inside. All he had to do was visualize something and it would intensify, ready for him to reach in and pull out whatever he wanted. Well, almost, whatever forces were at work seemed to like to throw a wrench in the process on occasion. Well, good thing he was at a mutant school then, maybe he'd iron that out with time.

With his unpacking done, Alan left his room and headed downstairs towards the common area, He didn't have any classes at the moment, so he may as well see what the institute had to offer in the way of entertainment. From the pamphlets he knew there were a bunch of stuff outside, a pool and various sports courts, but he wanted to explore the insides first. He couldn't help but notice the architecture of the halls, it seemed to be an old style, though his eye for detail told him that it had been rebuilt or redesigned, so while the foundations may be older, its current state was probably much newer.

Tags: Open
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

A New Face (Presto, open) Empty Re: A New Face (Presto, open)

Post by LadyAngel Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Who: Jean
    Where: Main Common Room
    When: around noon

Her coffee had long gone cold, but Jean had also long forgotten the cup as she moved to round up a few files, carrying the binder into the common room to look over.

"Ah, Hello. Alan, right? I was just headed up to give you the tour." The redhead smiled friendly enough at him, though she did look the boy over, checking for the usual amount of scraps, bruises, underweight frame, and all the like.

"I'm Jean Grey, I'll be one of your teachers here. Biology this year." She'd hand him one of the files from her binder, a list of classes for him to choose from. "Any questions before I drag you all about the school?"

Summary: Welcome to Xaviers
    Tags" Presto, Open
    Presto
    Class 1

Post by Presto Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:04 pm

"Oh, hi," said Presto as the woman walked up to him and greeted him. "Yeah, Alan Preston," he said confirming her first inquiry. She was not the kind he would have immediately expected to be teaching a biology class, often times it was easier to picture an older professor teaching such a class, though he supposed not much about this school fit into what was immediately expected. If she was teaching here that most likely meant she was also a mutant. "Biology huh? I'll probably be in your class then." he said, knowing that biology fit into his plans to become an anthropologist. He thought of a notepad and a pencil, reaching into his bag, the inside of which glowed as his hand disappeared inside. He felt something and pulled, drawing out a pencil and a notebook, glad that his powers were being cooperative. He then wrote down Jean's name and what she taught, taking the papers she offered. "Well, I was checking the place out, so a tour would definitely be nice." he said, falling by Jeans side and letting her lead the way.

Summary: Exchanging Hello
    Tags: LadyAngel, Open
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Jean smiled at the boy and moved to lead the way outside. "We'll work outside to inside. I think someone's waxed the entryhall though, so we can go through the kitchen." The smells of baked goods constantly wafted out of the kitchen door whenever it was opened, she knew most of the boys here often hung around that particular room looking for samples.

Summary: Jean can be tempting.

Tags: Presto, Open
    Presto
    Class 1

Post by Presto Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Where: Kitchen

"I assume that the kitchen is free range within reason," he said as he followed Jean into where the food was prepared. Technically he could create food from his bag if he tried, but he wasn't sure what the long term effect of using his bag as a sole source of nutrition would have on him, not to mention he probably wouldn't trust it not to throw the occasional wildcard into a meal, since the term food could just as easily apply to something that was edible but not exactly commonplace, as his studies had revealed for many more exotic cultures that included spiders and grubs as a menu option. The smell of the kitchen was good though, he was sure he wouldn't have to rely on his bag for food unless there was some sort of emergency. Or the occasional midnight snack.

"So, I assume you're also a mutant." he asked, "What exactly do you do? If you don't min me asking that is." He was undeniably curious about what the other people in this school could do, though he honestly didn't know if asking about it was considered polite or not.

Summary:
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 am

"Just whatever you do, dont bother Marie. It isn't her job to be in there, we just haven't been able to get her to leave it." Jean led him through the kitchen, stealing a cookie as she walked past a plate of them and handing it to the boy. "I'm a telepath, mostly." She answered with a smile, deciding not to explain the phoenix right now.

Summary: Well, here we go
    Tags: Presto, Open
    Presto
    Class 1

Post by Presto Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Presto took a cookie when offered, "I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her." He said, knowing better then to get in the way of an angry cheif. He listened as Jean told him what she could do. "So you read minds and stuff? Cool, I just, 'conjure' things out of my bag." He said sharing his own abilities to try and keep the conversation going.

Summary: sharing gifts
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 am

Who: Kurt Wagner

BAMF!

That was the sound that denoted his sudden presence, followed by the strong stench of brimstone. The blue man appeared before the coffee pot, empty cup held by the handle, his twining through the loop. He peeked up momentarily as he poured himself a much needed cup, smiling.

"Ah, allo Fraulein," he greeted Jean with his thick German accent, before turning his gaze on the kid with her. "Giving a new student za tour, ja?" he asked. "How's zat going?" he asked.

Summary: And suddenly, Kurt!
    Tags: Presto, Jean, Open
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 am

Where: The School

"Theres no 'just' to any mutant power Alan, each one is unique and breathtaking when you really think about it." Jean barely jumped at the bamf, smiling a little wider. "Take Kurt here for example," She waved a hand towards Kurt, making sure the blue guy would get the kid's attention.

"Its going well, Good Morning by the way. Also, thats the decaf pot." Marie kept three pots of coffee going for a reason afterall.

Summary: Kurt doesn't need the decaf
    Tags: Presto, Kurt, Open
    Presto
    Class 1

Post by Presto Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm

"Well, reading minds sounds a lot cooler then pulling a rabbit out of a..." Started Presto in a joking manner. However, he was suddenly interrupted and couldn't help but jump when someone suddenly appeared out of nowhere accompanied by a loud noise. "GEEZUS!!" He yelled in surprise at the same moment, caught completely off guard. It took him a second to recover from the jump scare before noticing the figure wasn't exactly normal, which left him wondering if he had hit his head or something since the guy was blue... And had a tail?

Summary: Surprised
    Tags: LadyAngel, Clark, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Kurt blanched lightly.

"Oh... good save, Fraulein... I vould have died before my next class..." he mused, "Decaf... who invented such a thing?" he muttered, moving to the heavily caffeinated pot. He smiled back to the boy for a moment, showing sharp looking teeth, as if they had been filed down to razor points.

"Nice to meet you, I am Kurt Vagner, ze Amazing Nightcrawler," he said, pausing to look around for a moment, confused. "Hm, Herr Logan must ve avay, first time I've ever been able to finish that sentence..." he mused, before looking back to Alan. "So how are you enjoying the school so far, mein Junge?" he asked.

Summary: Eccentric Kurt is eccentric...
    Tags: Jean, Alan, Open
    LadyAngel
    LadyAngel
    Class 1

Post by LadyAngel Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:39 am

"Yes, Logan is....out again. Though I hear he brought a daughter home this time. Perhaps he'll be back to stay soon enough." she could only hope, but it was unlikely.

"Alan, This is our Philosphy teacher, and a very good friend of mine."

Summary: Jean's doing intros (Sorry, we just got our internet back)
    Tags: Alan, Kurt, Open
    Presto
    Class 1

Post by Presto Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Alan didn't stare. At least that what he told himself he wouldn't do, it was what a polite person would do. Who would want someone staring at them as if they were a complete oddity in a circus sideshow. Despite this though, he found that several seconds had past without him taking his eyes off the unusual individual before him, and he had to forcibly avert his gaze when he realized that his body hadn't carried out this mental command, scolding himself at his apparent lack of control, telling himself he would try to do better in future, after all this was supposed to be a sanctuary for mutants, it could had easily been him in that position.

Jean and the man, Kurt apparently, hadn't seem to notice, so Alan tried to recover from his initial shock before he caused an awkward moment. He could tell by his accent that he probably wasn't from around these parts. Luckily he at least had something that could make up for his initial reaction. *"Still learning about it, though so far it seem's very welcoming,"* he said in German, "I noticed your accent, what part of Germany are you from?" he questioned, trying to be friendly.

Summary: Don't stare
    Tags: LadyAngel, Clark, Open
    Clark
    Clark
    Class 5

Post by Clark Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:23 pm

When: Noonish

Kurt smiled lightly, he'd noticed the staring, but he didn't take any offense to it. He was a circus attraction at one time... he didn't mind so it was nothing to him at all, he just afforded a small smile.

"Ja, Bavaria to ve exact... zough I have veen in the Americas for many a year now, before I even took shelter in a lightning prone cathedral," he added, "Zat vould ve a long story though, nein?" he asked, "Jean is a vunderbar teacher, so you are in good, capavle hands," he stated. "Just keep in mind she is vell loved, and I've heard stories of American teenagers," he warned, though he smiled easily enough. He may have been a peaceful man, but he could be scary when it called for it. Even in jest. If he tried anything, he was sure Jean had it well in hand.

Summary: Kurt is indeed German... and let's Alan understand his stance on Jean.
    Tags: Alan, Jean, Open

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:33 am